Thursday, May 2, 2013

Baby Names



                                                                     Baby Names


The impact of one's name is felt for a lifetime! Over the years, I have talked with many people about their name and discovered a few things that you may want to consider when choosing a name for your baby:

1. Will my child's name be a source of possible teasing, embarrassment, or frustration?

When talking to others about their name, this issue seemed to have the greatest impact. I have heard comments like, "I wish I had a more common name that wasn't hard to pronounce or spell." And, "I was constantly teased about my name!" Many shared, that even as a grown adults, they still felt the sting of a name that caused them to be teased as a child.

2. Will my child's name have a specific meaning?

I found that when a name was chosen for a particular meaning, it often gave one a special sense of belonging. In the Bible, names were often given to individuals after a specific character. Personally, I have found that we all enjoy hearing how our name was chosen, especially when there was a special meaning or intent behind the name choice.

Keep a journal of your thoughts during your pregnancy, making note of how your baby's name was chosen, among the entries. This will be a special treasure for you & your child to enjoy in the years ahead.



0 comments:

About Me

Powered by Blogger.